Top 10 Reasons to Consult an Accident Attorney if Someone Gets Hurt in Your Home

1.  An accident attorney can help you understand the duty of care owed:

There are several different levels of care that a person may owe to someone who comes on to his or her property. The highest level of care is that owed to invitees. Invitees are individuals whom you invite to your home so you can do business with them — if, for example, you invite someone to your home office for your business purposes or you invite someone into your home so you can sell them something. If you simply permit someone on to your property, on the other hand, or the person comes for his own benefit, then he may be classified as a licensee. While you still owe licensees a duty to protect them from reasonable harm on your property, you have less of a stringent obligation to ensure their protection than you do invitees. The legal classifications are complex but can govern whether or not you are liable for damages. An accident attorney can help explain these different categorizations to you and can help you determine which applies in your case. continue reading on the next page